Sunday 8 September 2013

A TIMELESS CLASSIC... Air Jordan IV Retro 2012

I present to you the hottest pair of Air Jordan sneakers in my collection to date! The Air Jordan IV - White Cement is, in my opinion, the most beautiful shoe ever worn by the great man. As soon as I heard this design was coming back as a Retro, I knew I had to get a pair. It was well worth it to wake up at stupid o'clock and start refreshing the page until they were available to buy!! The Jordan IV was originally released in 1989, and back then the cement detail was a lighter shade of grey, the black was blacker, and the Jumpman on the back used to be the OG Nike Air Logo. This shoe was designed by Tinker Hatfield, and was released for sale to the entire world in advertisements promoted by the famous actor and director, Spike Lee.



As you can see in the picture above, it looks like a completely different shoe to the Jordan III; no elephant print, a variation in the midsole topline, the height of the shoe, the mesh, and the famous side tab which presents itself in many future Air Jordan creations. The design of the box gets you excited for what's to come, with its cement print bottom half, and the oversized Jumpman logo. The main upper is made of a premium leather which, after plenty of use, still refuses to crease at the toebox, and the mesh is a soft rubber that is lined with a thin white fabric inside. The mesh is well known to be prone to yellowing after a while, which is why I find it best to keep the shoes in their box at all times, wrapped in the black paper provided, to slow down the oxidation that takes place.


The heel air cushion makes these incredibly comfortable to wear on a long day out, and the inner is unbelievably soft! I'm ashamed to say it but the second time I wore them, someone spilled red wine all over the left shoe and I was absolutely devastated. Taking them inside, I got my cleaning kit, and after 6 hours of cleaning, drying, cleaning and protecting, I was able to get the red out and return them to the sharp white they should be!

Next up, I'll be reviewing the Air Jordan III True Blue but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this shoe! As I said it is the most aesthetically appreciated by myself in my entire collection, and I am hoping to cop another colourway soon!

Peace and Love
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment