Wednesday 9 October 2013

Nike Dunk High Supreme- Olympic Red


This week I present to you a very rare sneaker from 2008. This Nike Dunk model was released as part of a 6 colour scheme pack for the Beijing Olympic Games. This shoe was also released in white, green, yellow, black, and blue! I was very lucky to get my hands on this pair and they have been an absolute dream to wear! As you've seen from my previous post about the first pair of Dunks I got, these are extremely comfortable and durable as well. The upper is made entirely from Nike's patent material and is supported by the rubber sole.

 As you can see, the side panels and toebox have been designed to give a quilted texture which makes this Dunk stand out from the rest. The classic straps on the side have been maintained so that they don't flap around like a dog's ears... (a lot of people wearing Dunks make this mistake and it REALLY grinds my gears).

As I mentioned previously, these shoes were designed for the Olympic games, and if you look on the tongue of the right shoe, you can see the symbol of the Olympic rings. There is also another logo on the tongue of the left shoe but in all honesty I have no idea what it is! I've looked everywhere to find some information on it but I've had no luck!

This model of the Nike Dunk was one of the fastest to sell out in the Nike flagship store in NYC on release day due to the height of excitement surrounding the Beijing Olympics. What are your thoughts on this model?

I'm going to do something a little different for the next post... In a bid to make more space and make money for more sneakers, I am selling some pairs from my collection. I will post up pictures and sizes of each of the sneakers for sale and ask you to email, text, or tweet me for details on prices and payment. Have a good week!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment