Wednesday 25 December 2013

Air Jordan 1 Retro; Boston Celtics 1985 Edition

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE 
My best wishes to all of you out there, and thoughts with all those who are less fortunate than us.

I'm sorry for being absent lately (I seem to apologise a lot for this) but the end of the semester was insanely busy and I've been completely buried in work! Fortunately, I'm taking a little bit of a break over the Christmas period and flying out to Houston so I'll have plenty of time to blog!! 
Now let's cut to the chase!


Here, we have the Air Jordan 1 Retro in the Green/Gold/White of the Boston Celtics! This is probably my second favourite colourway on the Air Jordan 1 after the Black/Red/White combo of the OG 1's. I chose this shoe for today as the colours are Christmasy haha!


As you can see, one of the things that Jordan Brand has brought back with this shoe is the original Nike Air logo on the tip of the tongue, to make the shoe a true retro of the original. The contrast provided by the main white upper makes for a clean and simple look. The black on black laces on the tongue are a touch of class in my opinion; the shoes do come with spare gold laces but I'm a fiend for black hahaha! Personally, I've always been a fan of the original Air Jordan logo which is found in gold with black lining on the outer ankle flaps on each shoe. 

Another important feature is the textured green leather which in my opinion proves this shoe's worth. Not so easy to see from eye level on someone's feet in the overcast British climate, but they can be seen quite clearly on a sunny day and also create a slight reflective effect! Last but not least, the picture on the right hand side shows the toe end of the sole which has tiny stars embossed onto it! This seems to be a feature in quite a few models of Air Jordan, and once again I think it adds a touch of class and shows how much thought has gone into the design detail for these shoes! What do you guys think of this one??



On another note, today is a very sad day for me! I've thought about it long and hard but I came to the decision that it is time for me to sell most of my prized possessions. There is really only 1 pair of shoes I want to buy as of now which is the Air Jordan 3 Retro 88 in White Cement, so I'll save up for a couple of years and get those when I can!

BUT that does not mean that I'm going to give up on this blog just yet!! I will keep posting until I have no more to post about, and then post some more anyway :)

Next up for review is the Air Jordan V Retro Laney and there will be more graphic tees as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment