Monday 19 August 2013

A NEW GENERATION- Air Jordan Son of Mars

So today's Air Jordan fix for you sneakerheads will be settled with this Son of Mars model that I purchased when it was released in mid 2012. I got a bit of a fright as the university halls I was staying at decided that they didn't want to hold the parcel for me when it arrived, so they sent it back to the states! Luckily I was able to get hold of the courier and they pulled the box out of the van going back to the airport! So enough of my story, and on with the shoe! The Air Jordan Son of Mars is constructed using different components from 5 Jordan models.

Starting from the bottom, the AJ V's icy soles and teeth along the midsoles look absolutely fresh! Let's not forget the transparent lace locks, topped off with the tongue, which are also from the V's design. Just above that is the famous elephant print on the toes and heels which is found on the Jordan III. I love the fact that the elephant print on either end of the shoe is a different colour! The Jordan IV does not play a massive role in this shoe but the black netted texture underneath the laces still looks amazing and creates a pretty sweet contrast with the white leather upper. Next up are the ankle support and heel tab which are trademark features of the Jordan VI. Last but not least, the strap to cover the laces comes from the later Air Jordan XX, and for me it makes the shoe stand out from the rest!

Son of Mars also has a new 'low' model released which I desperately want to get my hands on, and I might treat myself to one of the incredible colourways that they've got going on. Christmas isn't far away... :)
I'd love to hear what you think of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment