Sunday 22 September 2013

Vans- Bucky Lasek VI

Sorry it's a day late but here they are! My first ever pair of Vans and they are absolutely incredible! 


I decided very early that I didn't want to get the classic plimsole (because I'm not too keen on the canvas) so I looked a bit further into the different Vans collections. That's when I came across this pair! I can honestly say that these are probably the second most comfortable pair of shoes that I've ever worn. As you can see from the picture bottom left, the OrthoLite liner that comes with the shoe acts as a memory foam and molds around the shape of your foot and supports the arch in your sole very well. Once you take the shoes off and wear them the next day, the insoles mold to your feet all over again which always gives it a cushioned effect! 

The design features on this are different to many other Vans which makes it a unique shoe. As I mentioned earlier, the canvas upper is a common feature in the classic plimsole model that has become so popular over the last 2 years. As Vans are primarily a skate brand, this model is focused very much on the skate aspect. Now I'm not a skater in any way whatsoever but its not hard to tell that these shoes were made for rough treatment. It may not look that way because of the suede heel and toebox along with the mesh panel on the side, but this model is reinforced for protection and comfort. The upper is lined with a breathable material that allows moisture to leave the shoe and prevents uncomfortable build up in the socks! 

       

There are quite a few design features that make this an attractive sneaker. Firstly, the side panel is made of a mesh material which adds to the different textures in the design, and provides a sharp contrast to the soft suede on either side of it. Another point is the traditional line stitched onto the mesh which is filled in white on the outside of the shoe, but only has the outline stitched onto it on the inner side. Finally, the tongue and upper heel tab are reinforced with a gusseted design to provide further protection. The sneaker is finished off with the classic Vans logo embossed on the bottom of the heel.

For me, this is what I would call a complete sneaker. It provides comfort and style, along with protection for its primary use. What do you guys think? :)

Next post will be on Wednesday so stay tuned for the next graphic tee in my collection!

Peace and Love

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment